apsware core 2.5.0
apsware would like to inform you about the general availability of apsware core 2.5.0
apsware core is the universal technology framework for apsware analytics, apsware discovery, apsware job request and apsware compare.
apsware core 2.5.0 provides significant architectural and functional enhancements.
Enhancements to "apsware analytics for Control-M"
- A new enhanced data collection option for historical Control-M runtime information called “EM Data Copy”.
- The “EM Data Copy” collector provides a complete set of historical data; data collection is faster and very easy to implement and maintain.
- All report types, including Control-M job runtime reports, Control-M SLA reports, and Control-M statistical reports, are also available for the new historical Control-M runtime collection process.
- The Critical Path report to review root-causes for delays is currently in beta-status in apsware core 2.5.0. due to the new redesign
Also new are greatly improved interactive flowchart and Gantt-chart capabilities for displaying and analyzing the historic Control-M Critical Path. The Critical Path Gantt-chart gives an immediate visual insight into anomalies such as, if job executions ran longer or shorter than usual; or if there was a gap/delay between a critical predecessor job and a successor job.
Enhancements to “apsware analytics for IBM z Workload Scheduler.”
- Providing the real-time status of IBM z Workload Scheduler application and job status information is a crucial strength of apsware analytics. An administrator can map IWSz and E2E applications to specific groups and sub-groups so that even non-scheduling experts can easily find those applications and run job status. This offers user-friendly role-based monitoring that allows business users, line managers, and executives to Self-Service inquiries into the current run status of essential applications they are responsible for. With this new release, additional selection criteria for defining the application groups are available, e.g., Occurrence Status, Owner ID, Authority Group ID, Occurrence Group, or even the Application Description.
- Additional new options allow the user to specify the start time of the batch day/night so that application and job status information is available for the batch day vs. the calendar day.
Enhancement to “apsware job request.”
- Job Action Information (Control-M on-do statements) are now supported.
Additional enhancements and corrections are listed in the apsware core 2.5.0 release notes, which is part of the installation package
apsware core 2.5.0, including software and documentation, is available from the downloads area below:
If you do not have access to the download area or if you have any other questions, please