Training: BMC CONTROL-D & BMC CONTROL-V Basic (z/OS)
- Target audience: new users who have less than 6 months of experience with the products, as well as IT professionals interested in learning about these mainframe products (z/OS) from an end-user perspective.
Abstract: This seminar gives the participants an overview of the components of the output management tool CONTROL-D and CONTROL-V. It will be shown how output is distributed and managed by means of orders, output can be viewed and printed on the screen as well as archived and reloaded. The handling of the separation orders and the online menus and reports on the screen are the main focus of the seminar. Extensive exercises will enable the participant to get to know and use the functionality of CONTROL-D and CONTROL-V. The exercises are performed on a dedicated LPAR. Results can be checked and analyzed immediately.
Identification of concepts and possibilities including:
- Resolution (generic resolution vs. regular resolution).
- Workflows that are possible at the same time as report generation
- Bundling and printing process
- Online viewing
- CONTROL-D and CONTROL-V receiver structure
- CONTROL-D parameters for the print job
- the generic monitor and the generic class
- the online viewing image selection
- Display types
- CONTROL-V indexing
- supported migration interfaces
- integration of CONTROL-V into CONTROL-D resolution parameters
- Definition of reports (resolutions) to CONTROL-D and CONTROL-V
- Activation of reports and checking of result reports online
- Create rules
- activate a print job
- check and edit reports
- print reports
Required Prior Knowledge:
- General: basic knowledge of MVS JCL and general knowledge of report distribution concepts.
- Prerequisites: None
- Duration: 32 hours