Control-M ADMIN / Consultant
Country / Territory: xxx
apsware is a leading provider of products and services in the digital business automation area. Through the strong partnership with BMC Software, apsware distributes BMC´s Control-M solutions in Europe and the USA and is currently expanding its footprint in The Netherlands. What do the analysts say about our offerings? Control-M is the leading application workflow orchestration solution for any application, data, and infrastructure.
- Control-M administration, installation of agents, components and modules.
- Created and updated Control-M scheduling working with application team and project manager to design complex batch automation.
- Installation and upgrading of Control-M EM/server/agents and Modules.
- Migration of Control-M and implemented Service Definition monitoring.
- Integrated SAP application with Control-M.
- Performing Control-M EM/SRV and Database maintenance.
- Extensive use of Quantitative and Control resources for workload balance and to make the jobs to wait at the time of server/application maintenance.
- Maintenance of different Control-M environments at customers.
- Ready to provide support (24×7), on call.
- Providing Control-M related technical services for issues and using Control-M utilities.
- Provided support during project and SAP application goes live.
- Provided plan to carry out major migrations and upgrades.
- Implemented Participation-Definitions for all the servers in Control-M Configuration Manager for smooth agent/server maintenance.
- Created standard requirements for testing of job prior to movement of jobs to production and for the migration to production.
- Created jobs to monitor the agent status and for reporting to alerts in case of unavailability.
- Resolved Control-M agent, Control Module communication issues.
- Prepared standard naming convention for jobs, Unix and Windows servers.
- Mentoring and training employees for Control-M Scheduling and Administration/System Installation.
- Created documentation for all Control-M activities.
We are facing role that will provide Level 2 technical support for Control-M Workload Automation Software. You will be working directly with experienced system administrators and DBA’s both via e-mail and phone.
This is a challenging position for anyone who likes to solve puzzles. An ideal way to describe this role is a “Reverse Forensic System Administrator” – which means you start with a problem and back yourself through the OS to determine the root cause and provide a resolution to the Control-M Automation software.
The best candidate will have the following skills:
- Linux System Administration (2 years Required)
- Windows System Administration (2 years Required)
- SQL Knowledge (Postgres, Oracle, MS-SQL)
- Network Communication
- Shell Scripting
- Module/Plugin: PeopleSoft and SAP installations, Knowledge of Toad to retrieve data from database, Basic knowledge of ITIL, Solid understanding and experience in the SDLC including design, coding, testing and debugging skills.
- Customer Service
Any of the following is a bonus:
- BMC Control-M Workload Automation Software
- High Availability/Disaster Recovery Concepts
- Clustering Concepts
What we offer