APS ENTERprise announces the availability of TWSemon 4.2.0.
TWSemon 4.2.0 is available immediately and comes with the following enhancements:
- Support for TWS for z/OS 8.6
- Cross TWS dependencies:
Provides the ability to define, execute and monitor dependencies between different TWS systems in an easy and centralized manner.
- Extended Late monitoring:
In addition to the monitoring of jobs not completed at a certain time, it is now possible to monitor jobs not started at a certain time. Instead of TWSemon LATE these alerts will be displayed within an error code of “NSAST – not started at specified time”.
- Enhanced Late monitoring of dynamically added jobs/applications
- Extended Notification events:
In addition to the ability to build groups of operations for which a message will be issued after all operations of the group are completed, it is now possible to specify a time to cause TWSemon to issue a message, if at least one operation within the group has not completed by the specified time.
- A new Alert type RWTO is introduced
- The user may comment each entry of an administration definition for documentation purposes
- Each administration definition may be done via dialog functions or via batch functions, except
- Filter definitions, which must be done via dialog because these are user-related,
- Work station includes/excludes, which must be done via batch.
- It is now possible to limit the display of certain TWS systems within Working and Supervisor screen to specific users using different PARMLIB member for the dialog.
Instructions about how to upgrade from your existing installed version to TWSemon 4.2.0 are described in the Installation Guide.
TWSemon 4.2.0, including software and documentation, is available from the APS ENTERprise Downloads area.
In case you do not have an access to the download area or in case of any other questions, please contact us.
We recommend upgrading to TWSemon 4.2.0 until the end of this year 2011.
TWSemon releases prior to 4.1.3 will go out of maintenance by the end of December 2011.
APS ENTERprise Customer Support