With its workload analysis capabilities visualjob for Control-M answers the following questions for you:
- How did the production perform on a certain date?
- How did a certain business service or path perform on a certain date?
- What caused the delay of the service delivery yesterday?
- Do we have unnecessary time dependencies in the batch flow which delay the execution?
- What jobs ran longer than average last Wednesday?
- What jobs ran on a specific node / agent between 3:00 and 4:00 PM?
- When is a good time for server maintenance, impacting as few important jobs as possible?
- How do I get a clear picture for Control-M experts and non-experts how jobs have executed in an easy to understand, graphical way?
Within the GanttView all jobs or a selection of jobs are shown against a timeline and in relation to each other, allowing you to see exactly how they have affected each other for a specific production run. Timelines indicate a jobs run and that jobs average runtime, allowing you to have an immediate comparison.
Histograms showing the number of jobs running in parallel and the average CPU consumption (Control-M for z/OS only) provide a complete picture, which is otherwise difficult, if not impossible, to gain. Bottle-necks and other potential problem areas can be identified and the required actions to avoid these problems can be made in a proactive way.
visualjob for Control-M Gantt charts can also be exported in standard image formats and printed.